Date of Birth: March 2, 1964
Birthplace: Los Angeles, Ca.
- Schurr High School, Montebello, Ca.
- California State University, Los Angeles,
B.A. Child Development, 1988
- National University, M.A. Cross-Cultural Studies, 2001
- University of Phoenix, 2002-2004
- Montebello Unified “Artist of the Month”, 1982
- Taylor Ranch So optimist Art Scholarship, 1982
- Pomona Fair Award Winner, 1982
- “Young Artist Program” Instructor, M.U.S.D. 1983-1987
- Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Spiritual Workshop
- Self-Help Graphics, Dia de los Muertos, 2003 to present
- dA Center, Pomona, “Simply Red Show”, 2003
It was during my junior year in high school that my art instructor identified my potential as an artist. By the end of my senior year, awards and recognition were followed by winning an art scholarship. Unfortunately, attending college and pursuing a future in art wasn’t in the best interest of my parents. Regardless, I attended college right after high school, but focused my future in teaching multiple subjects at the elementary level.
After twenty-years plus in an “artistic coma”, my calling came during mass at my parish, Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Church in Montebello. An announcement called for “artistic parishioners”, focusing on spiritual art. I felt this was my opportunity to reacquaint and motivate myself with a lost love.
Since then, I’ve been in several art shows and developed a comradeship with several respected artists.